Working with representatives of Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight Councils, the Ethnic Minority Achievement Service (EMAS) has produced a small ‘Prejudicial Language and Behaviour Toolkit‘ for schools. This pan-Hampshire resource can be used when monitoring and reporting prejudicial comments and/or incidents, as well as to support school self-evaluation in this area.
It is comprised of:
- a reporting tool to record bullying and prejudiced-based incidents concerning all of the protected characteristics, with appendices of useful definitions and links to supportive organisation.
- three pupil surveys for key stage 1, key stage 2and key stages 3-4 for schools to use when thinking about pupil voice in the equalities agenda.
- a short guide for parents/carers about the importance of this area of work for your school.
- a monthly return for schools to submit data. Submit your return via the online form.
- monthly return dates for the summer term 2021:
- w/c 24 May
- w/c 28 June
- w/c 18 July