The Salterns Academy Trust will be sub-regional lead for the Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Southampton and Portsmouth Teaching School Hub (HISP TSH). The HISP TSH was designated by the DfE in February 2021 to support teachers’ professional development at all stages of their career.
The HISP TSH will deliver this through evidence-based programmes of support and qualification, centred around five core functions:
- Initial teacher training (ITT) – linked to the Hampshire SCITT Partnership, providing support to trainees and early career teachers (ECTs).
- Early career framework (ECF) – as a delivery partner of the Education Development Trust, transforming the support and development offers for teachers at the start of their career.
- Appropriate body (AB) – supplying AB services to meet the needs of our region across all phases and settings (N.B. all schools that offer a statutory induction are required to have an AB for their ECTs).
- National professional qualification (NPQ) – as a delivery partner of the Education Development Trust, providing a reformed suite of NPQs to teachers and leaders who want to develop their knowledge and skills in school leadership and specialist areas of teaching practice.
- Continuing professional development (CPD) – working alongside Curriculum Hubs and the HISP Research School, delivering high-quality evidence-based programmes.
As sub-regional lead, The Salterns Academy Trust will work with HISP TSH to deliver the golden thread of teacher development, specifically tailored to meet the needs of the schools and teachers within our geographical area. In addition, the trust will host events on behalf of HISP TSH, HISP Research School and the Solent Maths Hub.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for all schools within this region to benefit from expert advice.
For more information, visit the HISP Teaching School Hub website.