TEACH PORTSMOUTH AWARDS
The PEP was proud to host first Teach Portsmouth Awards evening on 5th October 2018 to coincide with World Teachers’ Day.
The judging panel had a very hard task due to the high quality of nominations from schools across the city.
Awards were presented to winners and short-listed nominees in 6 categories.
This award celebrates the work of staff and others who have gone “above and beyond” to support the local community.
- Priory School Music Department
- Father Marcin from St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School
Community award winner
Lucy Ellis from Northern Parade Schools
Creativity & Innovation Award:
This award goes to those staff who have thought ‘outside of the box’ and developed new approaches / innovative practice, beyond the conventional curriculum, which have had a positive impact on teaching and learning; adapted teaching methods towards creative thinking; and developed opportunities for all pupils to expand their creativity
- Year 1 Team at Mayfield School
- Olivia Chrus, Alison Rogers, Natalie Williams and Tamara Gale of Moorings Way Infant School
Creativity & Innovation award winner
The performance and design teams at Admiral Lord Nelson School
This award is to celebrate the work of staff who have been instrumental in developing approaches in the school to improve the emotional and physical health and wellbeing of pupils and / or staff
- Springfield School – Jo Holbrook, Victoria Nash, Phil Franklin, Emma Forrest, Grace Lawrence, Wendy Evans, Mia De Caen
- Solent Schools – Service Family Support Team
- Castle View Academy – Safeguarding Team
Wellbeing Award winner
The Portsmouth Academy – Wellbeing Team
This award is to celebrate the amazing work of staff who have been instrumental in developing and embedding inclusive practice across a school, particularly in terms of the support that is given to pupils with special educational needs and / or disabilities and those with social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Fernhurst Junior School – Inclusion Team
- Priory School – School Pastoral and School Support Teams
- Rachel Thripp, Laura Hickman, Gill Betteridge, Kerri Jennings, Liz Chambers, Ashlie Traynor, Karen Cleeve from Moorings Way Infant School
Inclusion Award winner
Manor Infant School – Nurture Team
Unsung Hero Award
This award is to celebrate the staff in our schools who rarely get a mention and are never in the limelight but who are invaluable to the school and who have a record of outstanding contributions.
- Jan Andrews, Admiral Lord Nelson School
- Karen Davies, Cottage Grove Primary School
- Lesley Bird, Manor Infant School
- John Gittins, The Portsmouth Academy
Unsung Hero Award winner